FOTOFILMIC17 SUMMER SHORTLIST ANNOUNCEMENT
The 5th edition FOTOFILMIC17 Global Juried Call for Contemporary Film & Analogue Photography closed last Friday with the 3rd and last SUMMER SHORTLIST selection concluding its 6-month run! We couldn’t be more excited to announce today the final 30 SUMMER photographers to join the FOTOFILMIC17 SHORTLIST this year, all to be published daily as official Online ShortList Features starting tomorrow on July 4th (Happy Fourth to all our American friends)!
Once again a new submission record broke ground as the FOTOFILMIC17 finish line grew closer in sight bringing an incredible wealth of stellar works to our consideration, and presenting the curators with a tougher-than-ever curatorial dilemma. As a result many meriting series, projects and practices could unfortunately not find their place in this final ’17 SHORTLIST: we sincerely wish to thank all entrants for sharing their fresh artistic talent and photographic insights with us and look forward to hopefully other future opportunities to support and possibly exhibit them.
Please join us now in congratulating our 30 SUMMER selected artists coming from 17 countries worldwide! They collectively bring to completion yet another ambitious and fascinating international picture of material photographic culture in today’s global and digital realm.
These are indeed truly exciting and celebratory times as the Competition also moves into its second exhibition jurying phase later on this week and through the rest of the month with each of our 7 distinguished jurors undertaking the task of reviewing the 90 FOTOFILMIC17 photographers and their 270 curated works! Do stay tuned for a final FOTOFILMIC17 TRAVELING EXHIBITION Winners Announcement on or around July 31st revealing the 30 exhibitors to be presented in New York, Paris, Vancouver & Thessaloniki in 2018!
3RD & LAST FOTOFILMIC17 SUMMER SHORTLIST WINNERS
(in alphabetical order)
1. Ákos Major (Paks, Hungary)
2. Alena Kakhanovich (Warsaw, Poland)
3. Alessia Pizzanelli (Montreal, QC, Canada)
4. André Viking (Copenhagen, Denmark)
5. Andrea Baldo (Barcelona, Spain)
6. Benedetta Ristori (Rome, Italy)
7. Brian Henry (Baltimore MD, USA)
8. Christophe Caudroy (Paris, France)
9. Clement Hong Yui Chan (Hong Kong)
10. Dave Woody (Eureka CA, USA)
11. Frank Machalowski (Leipzig, Germany)
12. James Reeder (Brooklyn NY, USA)
13. Joshua Littlefield (Savannah GA, USA)
14. Keith Taylor (Minneapolis MN, USA)
15. Kostas Kapsianis (Athens, Greece)
16. Kovi Konowiecki (Long Beach CA, USA)
17. Landon Speers (Brooklyn NY, USA/Canada)
18. Matthias Van Dromme (Bruges, Belgium)
19. Michael Novotny (Prague, Czech Republic)
20. Misha Pipercic (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
21. Nick Meyer (Conway MA, USA)
22. Peter Iain Campbell (Glasgow, Scotland)
23. Peter Zéglis (Göteborg, Sweden)
24. Peyton Fulford (Columbus GA, USA)
25. Simon Deadman (Perth, Australia)
26. Tamsen Wojtanowski (Philadelphia PA, USA)
27. Thomas Gosset/Toums (Bordeaux, France)
28. Todd Johnson (Melbourne, Australia)
29. Trevor Denman (Boston MA, USA)
30. Xavier Nuez (Chicago IL, USA)
FOTOFILMIC17 SUMMER SHORTLIST SHOW
With every new SHORTLIST this year comes a unique 10-photographer PULP Group Show! SHORTLIST SHOWS aim at introducing underlying curatorial possibilities early on before the FOTOFILMIC17 Jury assembles son this month to craft its final master collective narrative. Curated by the FotoFilmic Directors, each show forays into different contemporary trends and aesthetic formats to deliver compelling photographic visions centered on FotoFilmic’s core discourse of material practices in the digital age.
The 2nd FOTOFILMIC17 SPRING SHORTLIST SHOW just concluded yesterday on Sunday, July 2nd and we are pleased to also reveal today the 10 next SUMMER SHORTLIST exhibitors to take part to the 3rd and final SHORTLIST SHOW at PULP devoted to representing a rich variety of contemporary interpretations of material portraiture!
FOTOFILMIC17 AUGUST 5- SEPTEMBER 3 SUMMER SHORTLIST SHOW EXHIBITORS:
1. Andre Viking (Copenhagen, Denmark)
2. Brian Henry (Baltimore MD, USA)
3. Dave Woody (Eureka CA, USA)
4. Frank Machalowski (Leipzig, Germany)
5. Joshua Littlefield (Savannah GA, USA)
6. Kovi Konowiecki (Long Beach CA, USA)
7. Matthias Van Dromme (Bruges, Belgium)
8. Tamsen Wojtanowski (Philadelphia PA, USA)
9. Thomas Gosset (Bordeaux, France)
10. Trevor Denman (Boston MA, USA)
Congratulations photographers! We look forward to opening this wonderful FOTOFILMIC17 finale at PULP next month on Vancouver’s Bowen Island, Canada!
Exhibitors will be contacted individually very shortly with exhibition instructions on how to forward their exhibition print to us on time for the August 5 opening.